There are list of items you can send but here are few examples:
- Artificial Jewellery
- Household items
- Food Items /Eatables/Pickles/Sweets Savouries
- Life saving medicines (Original Prescription & medical bill required)
- Anything legal allowed by customs /Government
The following items will NOT be accepted for carriage by Universal Logistics. This list includes items which are prohibited for carriage by any law, regulation or statute of any federal, state or local government of any country from, to or through which the items may be carried. For international carriage there may be additional prohibited items specified by the country of destination. Universal may at its sole discretion refuse to carry other items not listed below.
- Antiques, works of art and fine art with an individual value in excess of Rs. 25,000/-.
- Cash and travelers cheques
- Complete original and imitation firearms and firearm parts, (includes rifle butts, trigger mechanisms, screws / bolts etc which are manufactured for the sole purpose of creating a functional firearm), ammunition, explosives
- Dangerous / hazardous goods including but not limited to perfumes, aftershaves, aerosols, flammable substances, dry ice, biological substances, UN classified dangerous goods and any goods specified as such under International Air Transport Association regulations (“IATA”), the Agreement on Dangerous Goods by Road (“ADR”) or International Maritime Dangerous Goods (“IMDG”) regulations
- Small Electronic Items, including Mobile Phones, containing Lithium Batteries –each package may not contain more than 2 batteries which must be contained within the electronic device
- Furs and ivory
- Human remains or ashes
- Illegal goods (these are goods which are considered illegal in the origin, the transit points and/or the destination countries and would include but not be limited to pirated goods, counterfeit goods and narcotics)
- Jewelry, Costume Jewelry, Watches and objects constructed of precious metal and/or stones with a value in excess of Rs. 25,000/- per waybill
- Laptop Computers – No more than 1 laptop computer per package. Each package may not contain more than 1 lithium battery which must be contained within the laptop. The shipment must not exceed Rs. 25,000/- per waybill
- Live animals (including but not limited to mammals, reptiles, birds and fish), Insects, larvae, pupae etc
- Loose lithium batteries
- Clinical and or Biological samples (including but not limited to bodily fluids and tissue samples)
- Perishable items that require a temperature controlled environment (including but not limited to foodstuffs and flowers)
- Pornography (whether in printed, film or digital format)
- Tobacco, loose leaf tobacco products and pre-rolled cigarettes.
We arrange free box packing for our customer
if parcel is prepared by you As we are aware that all consignments are habitually pass through numerous facilities across the world while in transit. In order to make certain that your parcel reach destination in the best possible state, we throw light on some key packing points below for you.
- Make sure that the cardboard boxes are completely filled as under-filled boxes possibly will collapse.
- If boxes are clogged in with stuff there are high chances that they may end up bursting.
- Make a note that the weight specification limit doesn’t meet its exceeding point as set down by the manufacturer.
- As commonly recognized cardboard boxes are the most preferable way to pack your belongings as they are available in a diverse range of sizes, shapes, materials and support accessories to fortify and protect them.
- When packing heavy goods, it is advisable to use wooden containers for their strong nature, and also they are prepared for machine handling. But wood material calls for the Certificate of Fumigation with additional expense.
- However, there are better choices exists to wooden containers in the market in the form of heavy-duty double-layered cardboard boxes, which is an economical buy in comparison.
- Lightweight documents can be put in cardboard envelopes. And, to carry articles like discs, tapes, keys and tiny electronic parts use cushioned, padded or bubble envelopes. The array of envelopes also offers waterproof and anti-static versions. Lastly, keep envelopes made of fabric at bay.
- The quality of packing material plays a vital role. A secure transition of goods is likely when a higher class wrapping and cushioning/filler materials is used, stay away from damage boxes and containers, think about the strength and toughness of your selected packing, make sure that old stickers and labels are taken off when reusing the boxes.
- We strongly recommend the use of padding to shun loose contents; the delicate items should be adequately cushioned from all sides. Secure information and media discs/tapes with cushioning and protective bags.
- The good packaging of goods often rolls out a safe and intact delivery in the destination